Chapel Hill, NC – The pairings for the Regional Finals for the 2018 NCHSAA Men’s Soccer Championships have been set and are scheduled to be completed on or before Tuesday, November 12. Games will be held at the home of the higher seed.
The State Championship Matches will be contested on Saturday, November 17 in Raleigh at NC State University’s Dail Soccer Field. Play is scheduled to begin at 11:00 a.m. Tickets to the Championships are $8 at the gate, or digital tickets can be purchased in advance through the NCHSAA’s partnership with GoFan.
The 2018 NCHSAA Men’s Soccer Championships will be broadcast live via web stream on the NFHS Network. The NFHS Network is a subscription-based service. Fans can pay $9.95 per month for a monthly, recurring subscription with the ability to cancel at any time. You can find more information on upcoming events and subscriptions by visiting NFHSNetwork.com.
1A MEN’S SOCCER CHAMPIONSHIP REGIONAL FINALS PAIRINGS
#2 Voyager Academy (20-3-2) vs. #4 Lejeune (12-5-0)
#1 Community School of Davidson (21-1-2) vs. #7 Polk County (15-10-1)
2A MEN’S SOCCER CHAMPIONSHIP REGIONAL FINALS PARINGS PAIRINGS
#1 First Flight (19-1-1) vs. #2 Clinton (24-1-0)
#3 Salisbury (24-2-1) vs. #4 Newton-Conover (22-3-1)
3A MEN’S SOCCER CHAMPIONSHIP REGIONAL FINALS PAIRINGS
#12 Chapel Hill (20-3-1) vs. #18 East Chapel Hill (18-4-2)
#3 Mount Tabor (21-4-1) vs. #9 Marvin Ridge (20-3-0)
4A MEN’S SOCCER CHAMPIONSHIP REGIONAL FINALS PAIRINGS
#1 Green Hope (21-2-1) vs. #2 Cardinal Gibbons (19-3-2)
#6 South Mecklenburg (18-5-1) vs. #8 Myers Park (19-2-0)
REGIONAL FINALS RANDOM NOTES
- Lejeune is looking to make their fourth appearance in an NCHSAA State Championship Match. They’ve won two (1966 & 2002). Most recent appearance was in 2004 in a loss to Jordan Matthews in 2004’s 1A Championship.
- Polk County, are aiming for their fourth State Championship appearance, and first since 2006. They won the 1A Title in 2001 and 2003.
- Community School of Davidson has appeared in one State Championship Match. It came in a 2015 loss to Franklin Academy in the 1A Finals.
- Voyager Academy is looking for their first State Championship appearance.
- First Flight is vying to make their fifth NCHSAA State Championship Appearance, all coming since 2013. The only year First Flight hasn’t appeared in the State Championship since 2013 was in 2015. They have one title, in 2016 when they defeated Chase 4-0 in the 2A Championship.
- Salisbury is shooting for their fourth Championship Appearance, having won their previous three appearances. The Hornets won the 2A Title in 2011, with an overtime victory over Carrboro, 2013 when they knocked off First Flight 2-1 and 2015 when they shut out Washington 3-0.
- Newton-Conover is looking for Championship Appearance number 4 and are the defending state champions. They also won 2A in 2007 and 2014.
- Clinton is after their first Championship Appearance.
- Chapel Hill is trying to make their eighth appearance in an NCHSAA State Championship. The Tigers are the defending 3A Champions. They have also won titles in 1972, 1974, and 1983. A win would give the Tigers their third straight Championship Appearance.
- Mount Tabor has appeared in two previous championships, both losses to Leesville Road in 1997 and 1999.
- Marvin Ridge has appeared in three previous NCHSAA Championships and won all three. They won in 2009, 2014 and 2016.
- East Chapel Hill has one previous Championship Appearance. The Wildcats fell 1-0 to Asheville in the 3A Championship in 2000.
- Cardinal Gibbons is looking for their ninth Championship Appearance having won 2A twice (2006 & 2007), 3A three times (2010, 2011 and 2014) and 4A once (2017)
- Myers Park is going for their seventh Championship Appearance. They have won one championship in those appearances, a 2008 win over New Hanover.
- Green Hope is after their sixth Championship Appearance having won three of their previous five (2011, 2012 and 2016)
- South Mecklenburg is trying to make the State Championship for the fourth time and first time since a 2015 victory over Laney 2-0. They also won in 1971.