By Cindy Poindexter
Pittsboro, NC – We are deeply rooted by our core values, one of which conveys that individuals and their contributions are valued and respected. Each and every one of us brings unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences to the table. That diversity helps create and foster an inclusive environment where we all have the opportunity to thrive.
During April, we recognize the importance of men’s contribution to and critical participation in diversity, equity and inclusion. Without men as participants, allies, advocates and sponsors, advancement in DEI is not possible. Please join us in celebrating and recognizing the men who have helped shape and contribute to creating a place of belonging for all.
Let’s Learn Together
- Why We Need to Talk About Men’s Mental Heath (Office on Women’s Health – U.S. Department of Health & Human Services)
- Men of Color Need Self-Care, Too. Darian Hall is Helping Solve That. (Men’s Health)
- What Role Do Men Play In Creating Diversity In The Workplace (Forbes)
- How to Show White Men That Diversity and Inclusion Efforts Need Them (Harvard Business Review)
- Research: Men Get More Actionable Feedback Than Women (Harvard Business Review)
- Be a Better Ally (Harvard Business Review)
Cindy Poindexter, IOM
President | CEO
Chatham Chamber of Commerce
531 East 3rd Street | 102 Hillsboro Street
Siler City, NC 27344 | Pittsboro, NC 27312