Pittsboro, NC – The Chatham Community NAACP Branch #5377 is holding their second political forum online on Monday, September 21, starting at 2pm.
Interested citizens can register here for the virtual candidates’ forum.
Everyone must register to get the information on how to join the video-conference. Space is be limited to 100 participants / devices. Registering and/or joining the meeting means you give permission to be recorded.
Here is the agenda for the September 21 forum:
Mary Nettles will be moderating this candidates forum.
- Rev. Jim Jones to open with prayer, Armentha Davis to read mission statement and Beverly Bland with up dated information from the board of elections.
- Congressman David Price, 2:20 – 2:30 pm
- Robert Reives, House of Representative, District 54, 2:30 – 2:40 pm
- Elaine Marshall, NC Secretary of State, 2:40- 2:50 pm
- Jay Stobbs, County Commissioners District 01, 2:50 – 3:00 pm
- Wayne Goodman, NC Commissioner of Insurance, 3:00 – 3:10 pm
- Franklin Gomez Flores, County Commissioner District 05, 3:10 – 3:20 pm
- Cal Cunningham for US Senate, 3:20 – 3:30 pm
- Beth Wood, NC Auditor, 3:30 -3:40 pm
- Lucy Inman, NC Supreme Court Associate Justice Seat 02, 3:40 – 3:50 pm
- Rev. Evan Harrison to close with prayer
You can view some of the candidate from last Monday’s candidates’ forum in the video section of the Chatham Journal’s Facebook page.
Here is a list of the candidates who appeared on last Monday’s NAACP candidates forum:
- Tricia Shields, Court of Appeals
- Gray Styers, Court of Appeals
- Yvonne Lewis Holley, NC Lieutenant Governor
- Sen. Valerie Foushee, NC State Senate District 23
- Reuben Young, Court of Appeals
- Karen Howard, County Commissioner District 01
- George Gilson, Jr. NC House of Representative District 54
- Mike Dasher, County Commissioner District 02
- Chris Brook, NC Court of Appeals Judge Seat 13