Siler City, NC – The Wren Memorial Library Branch in Siler City will be closed for extensive maintenance work in the ceiling and roof areas starting on July 29, 2019. The library is expected to reopen on August 26, 2019, but the target date may have to be revised depending on the progress of construction.
While the library is closed, patrons can visit either the Chatham Community Library in Pittsboro or Goldston branch for library services. “We know that this will be very inconvenient for our Siler City area patrons, but the contractors made it clear that the library must be closed to staff and the public while work is underway,” said Linda Clarke, director of Chatham County Libraries.
Clarke added, “We are very thankful to the Town of Siler City for providing funds for renovation work. These improvements are greatly appreciated.”
While the library is closed, the public should know the following:
- The outside book drop will not be available and no books should be dropped off anywhere at this location. No staff will be around to handle materials left anywhere on the property.
- The parking lot will not be accessible.
- Any items checked out that are due when the library is closed will not incur any late fines during that period, but you also can return items to the other two branches.
- An alternative is to use the library’s online resources to check out e-books that can be read on e-reader devices.
- Patrons can place holds on materials online to pick up at the other two branches.
- No children’s programming normally offered at Wren Library will be available during this time, but some limited programming off-site may be scheduled.
- Wren has been hosting the CORA Food Pantry SNACK distribution during the summer, but distributions at this location will end on July 23, 2019 in preparation for the maintenance work.
Those with questions should contact Wren Memorial Library before July 29, 2018 at 919-742-2016 or you may call the main library branch in Pittsboro at 919-545-8084 after July 29.