Pittsboro, NC – ALERT Chatham is a program provided by Chatham County Emergency Management that allows you to receive notifications via phone calls, text messaging, e-mail and more based on locations you select. This system will be used to notify you about imminent threats to health and safety as well as other notifications that may affect your home or workplace. Authorities may use the system to send notifications regarding flooding, gas leaks, police activity, and other events in which you may need to take action to protect yourselves, your family, or your co-workers. Chatham County uses the CodeRED® mass notification system platform to send notifications.
WHO CAN ACTIVATE THE SYSTEM
The system is used county-wide, and may be requested by authorized officials with Chatham County, or the Towns of Goldston, Pittsboro, or Siler City. It is activated through a secure portal by Chatham County Communications or Emergency Management.
REGISTER WITH THE CodeRED® MASS NOTIFICATION SYSTEM
The CodeRED® platform is used for alerting the public directly via telephone, e-mail, SMS text, TDD, and through the CodeRED® app on their mobile devices. YOU MUST REGISTER TO RECEIVE NOTIFICATIONS.
- Register Online – Click here to register online for Chatham County’s CodeRED®.
- Download the App – Click here to download the free CodeRED® app for your iPhone® or Android® device.
- Register by Phone – Register over the telephone by calling Chatham County Emergency Management at
919-545-8163 (Monday-Friday 8am-5pm).
UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
If you have changed addresses, home or mobile telephone numbers, or want to update your account information you can use the online portal.
- Update your information – Click here to and then on “Login” at the top right to access the online portal to update your information.
REMOVING YOUR INFORMATION
We respect your choice to remove your information from this system. You may have received a notification if you haven’t registered if your information was included in our annual copy of the local 9-1-1 database, or if your phone number was previously registered by another resident.
To remove your information from the system please submit a completed and signed Do Not Call Form to Emergency Management via:
- Fax to 919-542-2498
- Email a scanned and signed copy to
- Mail to: Chatham County Emergency Management, PO Box 613, Pittsboro, NC 27312
Contact Chatham County Emergency Management at 919-545-8163 (Monday-Friday 8am-5pm).