by Stephanie Pierson
Pittsboro, NC – Main Street Pittsboro, in partnership with the Town of Pittsboro, will be installing 12 handrails on Hillsboro Street between the Courthouse and Hanks Street, with artistic embellishment in the center of each one. Local artists are invited to submit designs for the center artistic embellishment area for consideration for use in the handrails.
- Submit from 1 to 12 designs.May be individual unique designs, or may be a themed series.
- Handrails themselves have already been designed (see sketch).They will be constructed of metal with an aged bronze patina.
- Submit details on how center artistic design would be executed, i.e. laser cut in sheet metal, hand forged, or other method.
- Design motifs may be of nature, historic, whimsical, or other type, that reflect the history, character, or natural surrounding environment of Pittsboro.
- Size of each handrail and artistic area will vary – see sketch of proposed handrail design. Chosen designs will be size adjusted to fit the handrails.
The Main Street Pittsboro Design Committee will select from all entries the designs that will be used.Please submit designs to the committee no later than July 31, 2018.
You may submit entries by email to:[email protected]
You may mail entries to: Main Street Pittsboro, PO Box 1517, Pittsboro NC 27312
Email questions to:[email protected]