Pittsboro, NC – On Thursday, June 29, there will be a ribbon cutting and opening of the newest Lowes Foods in Pittsboro at the intersection of Highway 15-501 and Northwood High School Road. Lowes Foods President Tim Lowe, other representatives of Lowes Foods and guests from the community will be there to cut the ribbon at 7:55 am. Doors will open at 8 am.
The new Pittsboro store will feature Lowes Foods Originals, areas that are unique to Lowes Foods:
- The Beer Den offers the finest selection of crafts and drafts that is fantastically varied and local. Shoppers can grab a pour and sip while they shop or fill a growler or crowler to take home. There are seasonal offerings of unique beers, special events, and tap takeovers. Stop by on Thursday for half price pints or Fridays for Friday Night Flights.
- Boxcar Coffee where Guests can sip on a cup of coffee while they shop or grab a smoothie for the kids. There are also limited time seasonal offers.
- The Cakery is a whimsical bakery where being square is incredibly cool. The Cakery features “Scrumptiouslyumptiously” delicious square cakes in all sizes that are assembled before your eyes, topped with icing made fresh in-store with real cream and real butter.
- Cheese Shop is the place to find all things cheese right in the store – everything from traditional cheeses to rare finds.
- The Community Table is a place where shoppers can gather and be inspired to try something new. Constructed of reclaimed wood from local barns, it also serves as the site for events such as recipe sampling, activities for children, and eating tips including as how to eat gluten free.
- SausageWorks is what you’d get if Willy Wonka had made sausage instead of chocolate. SausageWorks features locally made pork, beef and poultry sausages in an unbelievable number of flavors, from the familiar crowd-pleasers to the “are they insane?” combinations.
At the store’s deli, guests will be able to stop by on their way home from work to pick an easy dinner or come into the store for a lunch: The deli features selections from three Lowes Foods’ Originals—The Chicken Kitchen, The Smokehouse and Sammy’s
- The Chicken Kitchen is for all things chicken – rotisserie chicken, fried chicken, chicken wings, chicken pot pies, chicken tenders, chicken salad, and Cock-a-Doodle Noodle soup. The chicken is fresh and never frozen, locally sourced, and is raised with “no antibiotics ever.”
- The Smokehouse offers a daily rotation of wood-smoked meats—including beef, pork, chicken, and salmon—using a variety of woods to infuse flavor. You can pick them up ready to eat or ready to take home and heat.
- Sammy’s is the place to grab a sandwich or pizza for a quick lunch or dinner. Shoppers can have these custom-made using Boar’s Head© products or something from the Smokehouse and vegetables from Pick & Prep or choose to grab them and go. You can pull up a chair and eat in the store or take it home or back to work.
The store will also have online shopping through popular Lowes Foods to Go.