By Kathy Zinn
Pittsboro, NC – Here is a list of a few of my favorite things about Chatham County:
- On my list is our Chatham Community Library – I know the Pittsboro branch the best. They are unfailingly polite, helpful and caring -and knowledgeable!! Plus it’s just a lovely place to be.
- has to be the Chatham Chatlist itself, and of course, Gene, who makes it all work and keeps us connected and in dialogue with each other.
- The Small Cafe – – delicious food and a delightful space – especially the outdoors – great place to spend time with my spouse and talk!!
- The Phoenix – great food and coffee, nice place to meet friends .
- Circle City Books – how great to have a bookstore right here in town. I love to wander its rooms and occasionally make great finds – also gifts!!
- The Chatham Market – a real treasure for the kind of products, good food, friendly folks, and The Porch!!
- The Chatham Record – I appreciate how it has grown and improved in its coverage of our local stories. We are so fortunate to still have a weekly local paper in this community! (I need to get a subscription – sorry!)
- The S & T Soda Shoppe – a local icon (people all over the state know about it), great ice cream – great place to take kids
- The Mary Hayes Barbour Holmes (or are the names the other way round) park in Powell Place – my favorite place to walk! I love the delightful little sitting shelter, the picnic shelter, the “climbing park” as my grandkids call it, the soccer field, and the off-track dirt paths to wander through the trees
- CORA – our best and most important community charity, IMHO – I am a monthly donor. Of course, there are many more things I love about this county, and especially Pittsboro (how could I leave out our beautiful historic Courthouse?? )
But that is all for now.