Pittsboro, NC – The Chatham County Board of Commissioners (BOC) will meet on Monday, May 16, 2022, at the Chatham County Historic Courthouse, 9 Hillsboro Street, Second Floor Courtroom, Pittsboro. The Work Session begins at 3 p.m. The Regular Session begins at 6 p.m. Face coverings are optional while inside the building.
Residents may sign up to speak by completing the online sign-up form on the county website, which can be found here. If residents do not want to speak in person, they may submit their comments in writing. The comments will be included in the meeting minutes but will not be read aloud during the meeting.
Public Comment on FY23 Budget
Residents are invited to provide comments on the proposed FY2022-23 County budget during a public hearing at the May 16 meeting at 6 p.m. There are two other opportunities for the public to provide their feedback:
- Tuesday, May 17th, 6:00 p.m. at Wren Memorial Library, 500 North Second Avenue, Siler City
- Individuals may submit comments in writing to the Clerk to the Board at so that all comments can be included in the official record.
Individuals may access the meeting agenda packet, as well as the livestream by visiting https://chathamnc.legistar.com/Calendar.aspx using the following instructions:
- For first-time visitors to the site, click on the drop-down list next to the search field and select “All Years.” Then click the “Meeting Date” column to sort by most recent meeting to oldest meeting. These settings should save for any return visits to the site.
- For livestreaming, look for column on the right that says “Video.” Directly underneath, it currently says “Not Available” for the video of the May 16th meeting. However, when the meeting starts, the Video column will say “In Progress” for the May 16th meeting. Click on the words “In Progress” and it will go to the livestream.
- Once the video has adjourned and is uploaded to the site (usually done within 24 hours of the meeting adjourning), individuals may click on specific sections of the agenda (listed underneath the video), and it will go directly to that section of the meeting. There is no need to download the video for the entire meeting for those interested in specific item(s).
Please note, that the livestreaming software does not show presentations on the screen for residents watching from home but instead shows the meeting chambers so that commissioners are seen and heard throughout the entire meeting. All agenda materials and related presentations can be found within the agenda packet materials at https://chathamnc.legistar.com/Calendar.aspx.