Pittsboro, NC – The second annual Pittsboro SummerFest will be held this year on July 2 as a part of the Pittsboro Business Association sponsored First Sunday events. The 2017 Pittsboro Summer fest will feature a parade, a watermelon seed spitting contest, face painting and a pie throwing contest. The event, which runs 2-8 p.m., will also have an artisan fair and market and two concert stages.
Hillsboro Street will become a block party and hometown patriotic celebration featuring:
- First Sunday vendors
- Live Music – Gasoline Stove on the Small Stage in the afternoon, D’Lyric and Big Time on the Big Stage in the evening.
- Games & Activities
- Chicken Bingo
- Corn Hole Tournament (sign up at the Corn Hole booth, starting at 2:00 pm, at Summerfest) $5 Single eliminations; tournament starts at 3 pm.
- Watermelon Seed Spitting Contest
- Pie Throwing
- Dunking Booth
Bicycle Parade at 3 p.m.
Decorate your bike, scooter, or wagon with an Independence Day theme
All ages are welcome! Have some fun and you might win a prize!
(if you want to participate in the bicycle parade, please email by clicking , with the parent’s name, child’s name, address, phone number, age (so we know what group) Preregistration is not required, but highly recommended – deadline for preregistration is June 30th. You must be ready to line up at the OLD Piggly Wiggly, located at 50 West Salisbury Street, Pittsboro, at 2:00-2:45 pm)
This year’s Summerfest will feature two concert stages throughout the day. The evening will culminate with performances on the main stage by D-Lyric and Big Time!
Additional events happening at Member locations during Summerfest:
- Pittsboro Toys: 15 Hillsboro Street, 10% off all American-made toys
- Fair Game Beverage: 193 Lorax Ln., One free tasting during Summer Fest
- New Horizons Downtown: 52 Hillsboro Street, Extended Hours until 8:00 pm today
- The Joyful Jewel: 44-A Hillsboro Street, Featured Artist Reception Nancy L. Smith, “Nature’s Way” – a celebration of watermedia and collage painting, 2pm – 4pm
- Starrlight Meade: 480 Hillsboro Street, #1000, Will be serving Sangria. $2 from every tasting will be donated to Carolina Tiger Rescue during the month of July.
The Pittsboro Roadhouse
Eco Group: A Collaboration of Montgomery Lee-Moore Capital Company
Main Street Pittsboro
The Sign and Print Shop of Pittsboro
The Town of Pittsboro