Chapel Hill, NC – The 2016 North Carolina spring football game returns to Kenan Stadium after a one-year hiatus on Saturday, April 16 at 3 p.m. Admission is free and several events are planned for fans of all ages. Last year, the Tar Heels were unable to play at Kenan while a new storm water drain pipe was installed under the grass surface.
SPRING GAME WILL FEATURE:
• A return to beautiful Kenan Stadium under Carolina Blue skies.
• The first chance for fans to see the 2016 Tar Heels, who are ranked in many early Top 25 projections. Junior quarterback Mitch Trubisky will get his first opportunity to lead an offense that returns seven starters, including tailback Elijah Hood and wide receivers Mack Hollins and Ryan Switzer.
• Food trucks scheduled to attend are Big C Waffles, Al’s Burger Shack, Kona Ice, Backyard Bistro, Phat Wrapz.
• A Carolina Football Spring Game Fan Fest will be held prior to the game in Tar Heel Town in front of the Kenan Football Center. The Fan Fest will start at 1:30 p.m. and remain open until 3 p.m.
• Fan Fest will include food trucks, interactive games for the kids, Chapel Hill Sportswear with all the latest Carolina gear, music and the chance for kids to run onto the field prior to the Spring Game!
• Carolina Football mini-season tickets will also be available that day. Fans will be able to purchase their three-game package starting at $115 and select their seat in Kenan Stadium. All mini-season tickets purchased at game will receive a complimentary Tar Heel Seatback for the ’16 season.
• Former Carolina football player and country music star, Chase Rice and his “Back to College” tour will be in Chapel Hill after the Spring Game. For more information and to purchase tickets visit the Carolina Union Activities Board.
• Stay tuned to GoHeels.com for more detailed information about the Carolina Football Spring Game in the coming weeks.
The Tar Heels had a season to remember in 2015, going 11-1 in the regular season, playing in the ACC Championship Game and finishing No. 15 in both Top 25 polls. Carolina returns seven starters to an offense that set several school records, including points per game and yards per game. Six starters return on defense.
Public Parking – No Fee:
• Boshamer Lot
• Craige Deck
• Jackson Deck
• Manning Lot
• Bowles Lot
• Bell Tower Deck
Public Parking – Fee (flat fee of $5 or regular hourly rate)
• Rams Head Deck