Pittsboro, NC – Chatham County Schools is launching its Chatham Flight Plan 2020 Survey. The survey asks parents, students, staff, and community members about school quality, goals, initiatives, charter schools, communication, and other key topics. The results will help guide district strategic planning.
“Community input is critical to informed decision making,” said Dr. Derrick D. Jordan, Superintendent. “The survey findings will carry significant weight as we work to chart a successful course for all CCS students.”
Here are the details:
● The online survey will be open from Tuesday, January 12, 2016 to Tuesday, January 26, 2016.
● Parents, staff, and community leaders with email addresses on file with the district will receive invitations to take the survey. Simply follow the link to participate.
● The survey will be available to all students and community members on the district homepage.
Chatham County School District’s independent research partner, K12 Insight, will administer the survey, which means all responses are confidential. Unless respondents identify themselves in open-ended questions, no one from the district will be able to connect participants to their answers.
Dear Member of the Chatham County Schools Community,
Chatham County Schools is exploring opportunities to advance our strategic goals, and we need your input.
Your voice on the issues facing our district carries significant weight as the school board, superintendent, and district leadership team work toward making informed decisions. Our goal is to engage with you – parents of Chatham County Schools students (past, present, and future), as well as staff and the general public – in an honest conversation. We are confident that this conversation will help us better serve our students and fulfill the mission of Chatham County Schools.
This past spring, we conducted the 2014-2015 Budget Survey, which engaged 1,270 current parents/guardians and staff members. The results from this survey helped district leadership prioritize funding for school- and district-based programs and services. District leadership learned the top priorities for the 2015-2016 school year, which include:
- Small class sizes, curriculum resource and education services at the school-level
- Compensation for school employees (benefits and salaries), technology (desktop and laptop computers for student and staff use) and clean, well-maintained school buildings and property at the district level
Building on the results from the 2014-2015 Budget Survey, we are seeking feedback from even more stakeholders as we develop the future strategic plan.
Please respond thoughtfully to the topics within this survey by Jan. 29
Thank you for your support of Chatham County Schools as we chart the course for success for every child, every day, for a better tomorrow.
Dr. Derrick D. Jordan
Chatham County Schools
Charting a Course for Success in 2015-16
The mission of Chatham County Schools is to graduate globally competitive, well-rounded students by providing a rigorous and relevant curriculum in an effective, safe, and nurturing learning environment.
Chatham County Schools, through leadership, innovation, and collaboration, will provide real-world learning opportunities that prepare all students for life and success after graduation. Our diverse community will be invested, involved, and invited to create a strong culture of learning resulting in Chatham County Schools becoming a leader in education.
- Our democratic process depends on a strong system of public education.
- Learning is a lifelong process.
- Education is a responsibility shared by all.
- Everyone deserves a safe and nurturing school environment.
- Everyone is unique and has value.
- Everyone should aspire toward success.
- Everyone should be proficient and ethical in the use of technology.
- Everyone can learn.