by Ira Planer
Pittsboro, NC – You are invited to extend your July 4th weekend and come join us this Sunday, July 5 at the Pittsboro 1st Sunday Artisan Fair and Market. It promises to be one fine day of music, art, food, shopping and good people. Check out the details below.
1)TEEN MUSIC SERIES on outside stage from 3pm-4pm (Music from our area’s performing teens),
2) KIDS PLAY AREA now in Pittsboro Roadhouse Parking Lot
3) PONY RIDES in Pittsboro Roadhouse Parking Lot
A fun day of food trucks, in-store events, live music, micro beer, wine tastings, art vendors, kid activities and play area held in historic downtown Pittsboro!
PITTSBORO FIRST SUNDAY ARTISANS FAIR
JULY 5th 12PM – 5PM
(Hosted by the PBO Business Association)
Food trucks, beverage, craft and retail vendor tables will be located along Hillsboro Street.
Food and Drink
- 8 a.m. Chatham Marketplace, a deli serving breakfast and lunch, including pre-packaged food and sushi
- 9 a.m. Cafe Diem a coffee and tea house opens
- 10 a.m. Carolina Brewery opens for brunch and lunch kick off
- 10 a.m. Pittsboro Roadhouse opens for brunch and lunch
- 12 – 2 p.m. Gregory Blaine at Pittsboro Roadhouse
- 1 – 3 p.m. The Holland Brothers on the outside stage
- 2 – 4 p.m. Andy Coats at Liquidambar Gallery and Gifts
- 3 – 4 p.m. Justin Fouts (Wakefield High School) on the outside stage
- 3 – 5 p.m. Breadfoot at City Tap Bar
- 1 – 3 p.m. The Joyful Jewel: Featured artist reception: Beth Bale (watercolor)
- 2 – 4 p.m. Liquidambar Gallery and Gifts: Featured artist reception: Kitty Mecham (painting) and Tanya Casteel (pottery)
The kids’ play area, sponsored by Pittsboro United Methodist Church, is located in the Pittsboro Roadhouse parking lot.
Sidewalk chalk provided by Pittsboro Toys. Pony rides from Moore Equine Events.
As always, kids may have a free table to sell their art creations.
- Chatham County Historical Museum: Tours 12 – 5 p.m.
- Circle City Books & Music: Homemade cookies while you browse, 12 – 5 p.m.
- Vino!! Wine Shop: Wine tastings 12 – 5 p.m.
- Starrlight Mead: Tastings 1 – 5 p.m., tours 2 – 5 p.m.
- unWINEd: Open 1 – 5 p.m. Come play bocce!
- Beggars and Choosers
- Blue Dot Coffee
- Cafe Diem
- Carolina Tiger Rescue (ticket required)
- French Connections
- Horizon Renovations
- New Horizons Trading Company
- Pittsboro Toys
- Reclamation Home Furnishings
- Second Bloom
Be sure and bring down your family and friends, there will plenty for adults and children to enjoy.