Starrlight Mead is hosting a Mead Day Celebration dressed up like a mini-Renaissance Fair. This family friendly event will take place on Saturday, August 6 from 12 pm to 5 pm at 480 Hillsboro Street.
Owners Becky and Ben Starr have celebrated the holiday for years by holding a small gathering, but this will be the first Mead Day since their business began in Pittsboro last September. The Starrs will demonstrate the mead-making process and offer Starrlight Mead for sampling and purchase, including in the form of a Meadjito slushy (frozen mint-and-lime honey wine).
– Music by Thurder and Spice
– Medieval sword fighting demonstration by the knights of The Knightly Order of the Fiat Lux
– Turkey legs by Chatham Marketplace
– Beekeeping information and observation hive presented by Chatham County Beekeepers’ Association<
– Handmade Honey and Bee’s Wax products by The Carolina Bee Company
– Yummy Chocolates by Red Light Chocolates
– Reclaimed wood frames and furniture by Reinbarnation
– Handmade Soaps and Goat’s Milk products by Swanfire Farms
– Handmade Fiber Arts by KnitKass Creations
Full schedule of activities and times is posted on Starrlight Mead website.
Mead Day is is set aside by the American Homebrewers Association to enjoy and celebrate everything about mead, mead making, bees, and much more.